Office Administrator position: First Parish Saco is seeking a full time (35 hour per week) person to perform administrative, secretarial and scheduling functions for the church. Please see below or contact the church office (207- 283 -3771) for a job description and application.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Click for Job Application
First Parish Congregational Church, UCC
12 Beach Street Saco, ME 04072
Job Description – Office Administrator
Position: Office Administrator
Reports to: Minister
Status: Full Time, average 35 hours/week. Hours can vary with time of year. Year-round.
Purpose of Position: Perform administrative, secretarial, and scheduling functions for the Church.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and welcome those entering/visiting the Church. Direct and assist as needed.
- Answer telephone and direct calls to appropriate staff members, taking messages when needed.
- Take mail to the post office and sort incoming mail on a daily basis.
- Complete all correspondence within time frames established by the Minister.
- Process request for “walk-in” assistance.
- Complete printed material needed for all Worship services including the bulletin, hymns and special services (including funerals).
- Maintain records for New Members, Baptisms, Confirmations, Funerals and Weddings.
- Prepare and mail/e-mail the Messenger newsletter by the end of each month.
- Prepare the Annual Reports for the Church and the Maine Conference.
- Prepare and maintain all necessary paperwork and forms for Church functions.
- Scan and e-mail all building use requests and rental forms to the Facilities Team.
- Schedule and maintain an up-to-date listing of events, including where they are held. Ensure that no scheduling conflicts occur. Notify appropriate staff of any special requests or conflicts.
- Maintain the daily schedule of events on the board or screen.
- Process requests for payment within a timely manner. All invoices will be accompanied by an authorized signature, date of payment, check number & general ledger account number.
- Purchase office supplies as needed.
- Participate in workshops, conferences and/or seminars as approved by the Minister.
- Coordinate with the Minister and attend staff meetings.
- Perform other related duties in consultation with the Minister and Moderator.
1. Ability to type at least 60 words per minute.
2. Experience preferred with the following: Multi-line phone system; Power Church; Microsoft Windows applications including Word, Microsoft Outlook, Power Point, Desktop Publishing and Excel. Ability to be trained on and use these machines/programs is required.
3. Minimum of 2-4 years in the administration/secretarial field.
4. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
5. Ability to self-manage, organize, prioritize and multi-task.
6. Good problem solving and interpersonal skills.
7. Be able to interpret a budget and explain such as needed.
8. Willing to adapt to changes.
Approved by the Personnel Team Dec. 12, 2017
Powered by MyFlock © Copyright 2018
Web Design © Copyright PRAETER DESIGN